Four key areas:
- Pretoria, South Africa,
- Valetta, Malta,
- Fangak County, South Sudan,
- Iraq base camp,
- San Diego, America.
Love in Conflict
Key Characters in the book
- Interview with Sonia Main: Red Cross Nurse, based in South Sudan,
- Curt McGee: Colonel in the USA military, stationed in Iraq,
- Tau Gbadamosi: second-in-command of DFA, South Sudan,
- Roger Gisemba: Leader of the DFA - Democratic Freedom Alliance. Better known as Haji - Father,
- Jillian McGee: daughter of Curt McGee, student.
Supporting characters as they appear in the book.
- Director of nursing Sally van der Walt: South Africa.
- Director of nursing Haleema Nyanath: head of hospital in Bentiu, South Sudan,
- Major Brady Scott: United Nations representative,
- Sergeant Doug Clark,
- Vivian McGee: wife of Curt McGee.
- Chaplain Phillip Burger,
- Neil Davies: entrepreneur and lover.
- Harriet Davies: Neil Davies' wife,
- TJ Cummings charged with murder.
- Kwame Okiro.
- Baaka Gisemba: Roger Gisemba's wife.
- Mark McGee: Curt’s son with his own secrets.
- Markus and Janette Kent, Vivian McGee's parents.
- Lt Timothy Blackwell.
- Lawyer: Chris Norton.
Stationed in Iraq:
- Staff sergeant Doug Clark: aid to Colonel Curt McGee.
- Phillip Burger, South African Chaplain Corps. Curt's best friend,
- Staff Sergeant Brock Castledale, US soldier,
- Sam Gerber: Black ops expert,
- Alexi Krasnorada: Black ops expert.
- Major Franco Turmel: Acting commander in Curt’s absences.
- Corporal Charlie Alvarez.
- Corporal Ellis.
Medics at base:
- Nurse Anna Stalin, Poland,
- Dr Brett Rogers: psychologist.
- Dr Armand Jourdain,
- Captain Bogart,
- Alrich Estie from the Netherlands, Peter Blake from the United States, and Anna Stalin from Poland. Three Africans and one African American: Wayne Morris, Michelle West, Tumi Abara and Leonard Ndlovu, a young man from Swaziland. Two Indians, Amoli Khatri and Vasudha Balakrishnan from Delhi, one from Taiwan: Akemi Huang, one from Jamaica, Brantly Shaw and a Chinese woman, He Liu.
- Lee Ann Buys: New nurse at camp and old friend of Sonia Main.
A devotional workbook is available for free that you can download. It includes the first chapter of the book, with questions and prayer to guide you on your own path of spiritual growth.
Love at War by Lynelle Clark
Genre: Christian Military Romance, Christian fiction, love story, adventure, women’s literature.
Self-published 31 March 2021
Paperback ISBN 9781928535140
Kindle ISBN 9781005570439
Paperback: R330 South Africa only. Excluding Postage.
Kindle $4.99 / R50.00
Payment: Direct payment to FNB, PayPal or Payoneer or visit the following websites
The history of Love at War:
The birth of Love at War has a long story which began back in 2012 as a short story. This short story has grown and to date has 106k words.
At that stage, the story had a different name as well and was far from what it has become.
This story has grown with me and went through every stage I went through since its birth. The principal character has grown from a furious woman moved by her physical desires to a woman of substance.
When we meet Sonia Main for the first time, she is a woman battered and abused. The streets a very dangerous place for any woman. When the opportunity comes to make something of herself, she takes it with both hands. And so she lands years later in South Sudan. This is where the story begins in all seriousness and we meet Curt McGee.
Colonel Curt McGee is stationed in Iraq and has his own demons to fight. Being far from home, he feels he is losing his family back at home. Once he receives very upsetting news from home, his world, as he knows it, changes.
Their enemies tried to outsmart them. Obedience their only defence.
Whisked to picturesque Valletta, a lonely nurse met her soul connection. It set the bar in a stirring plot of spiritual and physical survival as a determined warlord in Africa and a cunning wife in America trapped them. The healing sands of Iraq, their only hope.
Passionate about her work, war-torn South Sudan offered Sonia Main peace. When a man from her past confronted her once more, she had a choice to make. A choice that would influence her life.
Could Sonia let go of the past and see a new future?
Would her dreams continue to haunt her? Or would the warm sun of Africa burn away her fears?
Curt McGee was a man bound by honour and duty. It took him away from home for long periods of time.
Caught in infidelity, Curt's wife’s thinking left him astounded, shocked even. His children prey to an unthinkable enemy.
Would he get beyond his wife's betrayal?
Could he save his children?
What decisions should he make?
Co-workers devised a plan: book a flight to enjoy a weekend on Malta. An island in the Mediterranean Sea that offered tranquillity and peace to weary souls.
Here, two worlds connect, and the result would change them both for eternity.
Meeting by chance, love confronted them, a love so great that they could not deny it. But time played a trick and demanded a price. A price so high that it would strip them of everything before they could experience the joy of a future.
Obedience was better than sacrifice, revealed the pages of the Holy book. Would they yield or follow their own way?
They could not run or hide from the onslaught. Their enemies' attacks growing in intensity. Crafty tricks added to the confusion, their fears real. It stripped them of their hopes and dreams. They could only go one way.
When Tau Gbadamosi met Sonia, he had a tough time to understand his feelings. War ravished his country. The enormous plight for help too great for one man or one fight. Faced with loyalty, he had to decide. A decision that would cost him. Would he fail the test?
Africa's hopes and dreams burned brightly in the harsh African sun. Poverty and lack the driving force for many ‘do-gooders’. It left the continent in a starving grip. But when a warlord sets his sight on the Red Cross nurse, all hell broke loose. No one could stand in his way.
Only God could stop him.
Lover of my soul
Oh, my Sovereign Lord,
I bless your Holy name.
Your Kingdom is eternal
Your words are priceless as pearls.
Your favour is beyond any riches.
Oh Lord, my Father,
Perfect is your timing.
Measured in seconds, time’s algorithm captures infinity within each movement. Worlds changes and fragments become relics. Fashioning a new set of rules to profit from your only choice.